Warden’s House

The construction of the Warden’s House for the Territorial Prison was started in 1874 and completed in 1875 at a cost of $3,000. However, over the next thirty years this building received several additions that drastically altered the building. In 2005, restoration of the building started and it was determined to bring the building back to circa 1895. Bringing the building back to this era involved a great deal of de-construction to remove several of the additions and alterations that this building had undergone. Time and weather had taken a toll on the building which also contributed to the de-construction of portions of the building. Great care and attention to detail was applied in every aspect of the restoration of this building down to replica hardware and carefully matching interior paint colors to samples/scrapings of the era.